Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hi y'all!! Well the past two days have been sick. I must say that I am improving. I like the living quarters that have been arranged for me. It's a small room that I believe was that of a councilor's. I have a pull out bed, though I rather not do so. I feel just comfortable by and by. After getting sleep I went outside for a little while with the tiny kids. They're starting to call me Daddy, already. Just before then I just had to get out! So I took a short walkabout down some dirt paths and roads. One thing I got to see was a monument of some -sorts that has been erected behind where I am staying. It's up on probably one of the largest rises here at the orphanage. It has writing on it but I have to get back and research it some. Maybe tomorrow...? They've been feeding me good. I brought my exercise videos, which right about now I'm going to need them. I have to catch up on a lot since being under the weather. The weather has been remarkable... a slight crisp is starting to hit the air, while leaves are starting to fall for the beginning of fall. The days have had a nice gold color to them. The trees are (I believe) spruce, pine and others thrown in. On the other side of the orphanage is the Daulgava River. I get names confused a lot some time. I guess that's why Mom thinks I'm not good with directions, and I agree.

Last night the sky here was so clear that from inside the building I could see the moon AND the constellation Orion. I was going to go out but I forgot that they close the doors after certain hours because we still have some older kids here. I met one of them earlier and let him borrow my CD walk man. Then later on I met a teenage girl who was holding what appeared to be a tiny kitten. And sure enough it was. I had never seen such a tiny kitten in all my life. And she let me hold it for a while. It looked like a caliko medium sized length hair cat. But not being an expert I fell in love with the kitty cat any rate. Its paws, eyes, EVERYTHING were small. It made think of Max Cat.

Then as things progress through the day the lock on the one door where the offices are located, and what not jammed. I worked on trying to lock it for at least half an hour and than that's when I thought I should call Juris, because with some of the older kids still being around we need to keep doors closed to keep EVERYBODY safe. As I type, the room I'm in is locked. I keep myself locked in at all times. I carry several keys to the rooms I have been given access to, more like privileges than anything else. So with this all in mind, I knew I couldn't just leave it how it was, so  I called Juris. He came and again for half an hour EVEN he couldn't lock it. Finally he DID lock it but I can't use the room. What is bad for me is that The bathroom and shower are in those rooms. I won't be able to use them until tomorrow, sometime. And for those who don't know me, the bathroom is a very sacred place (practically) for me. Well it's 11:32 p.m. here now. I plan on having better days ahead. the sinus congestion problem was just a bump in the road.

Going to sign off now... But pray for me that I have material and the Spirit in me to direct these children in the right direction. It's all done in Christ our Lord.

In Him
Peace Be with you my brothers and sisters.      

No comments:

Post a Comment